Girls In Aviation Day 2019
Hey, girls grades 6 through 12! Join Mrs. Loy for the Girls in Aviation Day.
- The Ann & H.J. Smead Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences at CU Boulder just moved into a new state-of-the-art educational and research facility, and we want YOU to come by for Girls In Aviation Day on the morning of Saturday, October 5th!
- Tour our machine shops and lab facilities and learn about the foundations of an aerospace engineering higher education, including how we study the dynamics of flight, support human spaceflight, and study the Earth and solar system.
- As part of our morning’s events, which include a grand tour, participants will build their OWN customized 3D airplane from laser-cut and 3D printed parts to TAKE HOME, so they can continue learning about the planning and mechanics involved in flying!
- This is an opportunity to have fun in a brand new facility belonging to a Top Ten nationally-ranked aerospace program (US News & World Report) and explore not only a potential career path, but a career path that would definitely be a rewarding one.
- As the event nears, we will notify attendee parents/guardians of drop off and pick up specifics.
Date: 10/05/2019 (Sat.)
Time: 8:00am – 12:00pm MDT
Location: CU Boulder Aerospace Building
Related files: GIAD 2019 FLYER.pdf (382KB pdf)
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ca5ae28a4fc1-girls
Additionally, attached below is a volunteer sign up should you or anyone you know wish to volunteer your time and expertise or excitement: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/