Teacher of the Year Nominations Now Being Accepted!
The Tribute to Teachers awards program, sponsored by St. Vrain Valley Schools Education Foundation, provides the opportunity for students, parents, volunteers, fellow educators, school staff and community members to recognize and honor individual teachers at the Pre-K – 12th grade levels in St. Vrain Valley Schools who exemplify excellence in teaching. By paying tribute to teachers who have an extraordinary impact on the achievements of students, the Education Foundation and the community hope to honor the accomplishments of all teachers. Nomination CriteriaExemplary St. Vrain Valley Schools Teachers of the Year embody the following 5 characteristics:
- Innovator – Frequently and appropriately challenges “accepted but outdated” methodologies with new approaches
- Goal-Setter – Sets and maintains high standards for learning regardless of class/student knowledge
- Motivator – Demonstrates a real love of teaching in most every lesson
- Subject Matter Expert – Understands and conveys the material taught
- Life Connector – Utilizes real-world examples/current topics in the classroom to emphasize the lesson’s importance
In order to qualify as a nominee, the teacher must be a licensed educator in the State of Colorado and employed at a St. Vrain Valley Schools campus for the current school year. If a teacher won the Teacher of the Year honor for their school the previous year they are not eligible. Click Here to see the 2020 winners. All St. Vrain Valley Schools are eligible for these awards! All nominations must be received electronically no later than Wednesday, February 10, 2021. Awards
One teacher from each St. Vrain Valley School will receive the Teacher of the Year recognition for their school. Two other teachers from each school will be honored as Teacher of the Year finalists. The Teacher of the Year for each school will receive a $100 gift card for classroom use. The recipients and finalists all receive a certificate of recognition during the Tribute to Teachers event in April 2021. From the school Teacher of the Year recipients, a district wide Teacher of the Year and finalists will be chosen.
Nomination Deadline is Wednesday, February 10, 2021