What is W.E.B.?
Where Everybody Belongs!
- It is a 6th grade transition program to welcome incoming 6th grade students to Erie Middle School
- Trains 8th grade students to become leaders and role models and to welcome incoming 6th graders to EMS
Objective: to help foster a safe and positive learning environment for 6th grade students. The WEB program includes an orientation day to help students get acquainted with Erie Middle School and to start making new relationships. The program continues throughout the year with WEB leaders meeting with their groups, participating in team building activities and teaching 6th grade lessons to classes, such as good study habits.
How to become a WEB Leader?
WEB applications will be available to all current 7th graders who are interested in becoming a WEB leader during the spring.
WEB Leader Characteristics:
- good citizens
- leadership potential
- available (not over committed )
- have strong communications skills
- willing to take risks
- interested in helping others
- a positive role model
- self confident
- have good behavior
WEB leader responsibilities
- Attend spring play day
- Attend WEB leader training for two 2 days before orientation
- Attend 6th grade orientation
- Wear WEB leader tee-shirts to the first day of school and be available to help 6th graders during the first day
- Be available for follow up activities
- 2 WEB leaders will be responsible for 8-10 incoming 6th graders throughout the school year
- Assembly to kick off the first day of school for 6th graders
- Activities, games, introductions, ice breakers
- Meet groups, engage in small group activities, tour of school
- 6th graders should plan to dress in comfortable clothes for the first day of school.